THE FRIENDS OF HUNTINGDON VALLEY LIBRARY
Help Us Bring It All Together
Join The Friends Of Huntingdon Valley Library!
- When: First Thursday of Every Month, 12:30 p.m. (except July & August)
- Why: Stay for the after-meeting programs!
- Where: The Huntingdon Valley Library
- Who: Members, Committee Members, Committee Chairpersons, Officers
- Contact: email@example.com
- November Ellen Rubin – Knitting shop owner
- December Pot Luck Luncheon
- January 11 – Techno Talk with Sharon – bring your own device, passwords, and library card!
- February – Zumba!
- March – Pearl S. Buck International
- April – Mediation with Pura Vida
- May – TBD
- June – Pot Luck
2018 Events and Fundraisers
- Spring Tea on March 22
- Used Book Sales! Spring, Summer and Fall
- Used Books Store Hours on Monday and Tuesday mornings
- Perpetual Sale at the Library’s front entrance with Book Bundles
- New York City Bus Trip – May 2
2017 Fundraisers and Events:
- Four Aspects of Art Nouveau lecture series with Elizabeth Anderson
- March 30 Spring Tea
- May 3 Bus Trip to New York City
- October 4 Bus Trip to New York City.
- Thursday, October 26 Trip to the Chocolatrium
- Election Day Bake Sale on Tuesday, Nov. 7 at Pine Road Elementary and at the Library
- Pine Road Holiday Vendor Fair – December 2 from 1-4
- Thursday, November 30 Ceramics Workshop at “Create Me“
- Union League tour and lunch – Monday, Dec. 11 at 11 am. $40.
- Basket of Books and Blizzard of Prizes Raffle! Drawing on December 7. Congratulations
- Used Book Sales and Book Room Hours! The Friends book room opens its doors to the public multiple times each year. In 2017, we have sales in the Spring, Summer and Fall.
The Friends of Huntingdon Valley Library donate their time and/or money to help make our Library an important center of learning and enjoyment. Please help the Friends help the Huntingdon Valley Library maintain its edge on excellence as it promotes literacy and learning for the entire community. Volunteer your time or send your tax-deductible contribution to:
Friends of Huntingdon Valley Library 625 Red Lion Rd. Huntingdon Valley, PA 19006-6216
Membership levels are:
- $100 +
- $50 Benefactor
- $25 Patron
- $10 Friend – Membership will increase to $15 in 2018.
Friends Book Club – “Members of the book discussion group do not have to members of the Friends. They just have to be passionate about reading and discussion.”
They now meet in the 2nd Floor Community Room at 12:30 pm for lively discussion. Copies of Book Club books are available online: OverDrive eBooks
Here is the list for Fall:
- June 15 – The Muralist by B. A. Shapiro
- September 21 – The Girl with Seven Names: A North Korean Defector’s Story by Hyeonseo Lee
- October 19 – The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead
- November 16 – Mrs. Kennedy and Me by Clint Hill
- January 18 – Circling the Sun by Paula McLain
- February 15 – The Residence: Inside the Private World of the White House by Kate Andersen Brower
- March 15 – Commonwealth by Ann Patchett
- April 19 – A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman
- May 17 – Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult
The Friends have sponsored:
- Funding for upgrades to the Library’s collection, technology and children’s area
- Monthly adult book discussion groups
- Summer reading programs for children
- Children’s Write and Illustrate Your Own Book program
- Used Book Sales in March, June and October
- Weekly Mah Jongg and Canasta games
- Mini-Book Sale by the front entrance of the Library
- Library Staff Appreciation meal in December
- Election Day Bake Sale at Pine Road Elementary School
- Bus Tours to New York City
- Theater Trips throughout the region
- Flower arranging and flower sales
- Holiday Basket of Books and Prizes drawing
- And…Family Museum Passes
Learn more about the free Museum passes we help provide for our families.
- Governing Principles
- Established Practices
- Whistle Blower Policy
- Contributions Policy
- Conflict of Interest policy