Dancing Candy Hearts Experiment
Join Miss Vanessa for a quick and easy sweet science experiment to make your hearts (or other candy) dance!
To participate, you will need:
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup vinegar (or more)
- 1/2 tbsp. baking soda (or more)
- Some type of small candy that won’t dissolve too easily (we used Brach’s Tiny Conversation Hearts)
- A clear container that will fit 1.5-2 cup of liquid (a drinking glass, jar, or bowl should work)
- Cup measure or multi-cup liquid measure
- 1/4 cup measure
- 1/2 tablespoon measure
- Small spoon for stirring (regular table spoon works)
Thanks to the Friends of Huntingdon Valley Library for providing the kits to patrons and materials for the video!
Thanks to the Inspiration Laboratories for this fun experiment!