January 2017 Events
The 2017 Calendar is out! We have intriguing documentaries, fun-filled Family Bingo, great events for Teens, computer help, movies, yoga, and so much more. We have programs on the calendar for teens, kids, and adults. Find out what’s happening next week, and keep looking to see the schedule for the rest of the month!
First Week of January:
- SAT Prep – Thur., Jan. 5 at 6:30 pm. Two-day session: Thursday, Jan. 5 from 6:30 to 8:30 pm & Sunday, January 8 from 12 – 5 pm. Registration is required. Cost of course is $100. and includes a binder an prep materials and a practice test. Class must be prepaid. Learn more about all of our upcomign SAT and new ACT prep courses!
- Movie –Maggie’s Plan – Fri., Jan. 6 at 11 am. A young woman longing to start a family (Greta Gerwig) becomes involved in a complicated love triangle with a professor Ethan Hawke) and his theorist wife (Julianne Moore). Maggie’s Plan received its world premier at the 2015 Toronto International Film Festival. Rating: R (for language and brief sexuality) Runtime: 1 hour 30 minutes. Movies is free and open to all.
- Chasing Ice An Award Winning Documentary on Climate Change. Viewing on Sunday, Jan. 8 at 2 pm in the Community Room. A program jointly sponsored by Huntingdon Valley Garden Club.
“Stunning…Timely…” New York Times
“These images breathe life into an ice world” Forbes
“Hauntingly Beautiful” Huffington Post
“Heart Stopping” Roger Ebert
“Amazingly beautiful” Five Stars – New York Daily News
“Visually Breathtaking” Variety
Friday Movies at 11 am: Maggie’s Plan | Absolutely Fabulous | Southside with You | Equity
Weekly Friends Fundraisers: Monday Mah Jongg, Tuesday Canasta, and Wednesday Canasta lessons and play
Friends Book Club on Thur., Jan. 19 at 12:30 pm. Join the group to discuss The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah. Open to all!
Travelogue: Rick Steves’ Europe: Germany – Wed., Jan. 25 at 11 am. Visit Europe’s most appealing cities from the comfort of the Library!
Bust the Winter Blues with Essential Oils – Thursday, Jan. 26 at 7 pm. RSVP. Small fee for supplies. Learn more…
- Teen Reading Lounge Delectable Drama – Thur., Jan. 12 at 6:30 pm.
Teen Reading Lounge is back this winter! In this NO STRESS group for Teens in grades 6-8, we follow up four popular Poetry Pizza Parties with three Delectable Drama sessions focused on theatre. Learn more…
- Teen Advisory Board Meeting – Fri., Jan. 20 at 3 pm.
- Teen Craft Night – Thur., Jan. 26 at 6:30 pm.
Join us for a Night of Coloring! Relax and enjoy the company of friends while shading in a giant coloring canvas. Light refreshments will be served. Learn more…
- Rhythm Babies Music Class – Saturday, Jan. 14 at 10:15 am
- Family Bingo Night – Wed., Jan. 26 at 6 pm. fun for all ages!!
- Library LEGO Club – Thur., Jan. 19 at 4:15 pm
- Preschool Storytime Returns – Mon., Jan. 23 at 10:30 am for 3-5 year old.
- Toddler Storytime Returns – Tue., Jan. 24 at 10:30 am for 1-2 year olds.
- Family BINGO Night! – Wed., Jan. 25 at 6 pm. Please RSVP.
- Block Party! – Friday, Jan. 27 at 1 pm. Come build with us – great parent/child activity in the Friends Learning Lab.
- Saturday Story Time – Sat., Jan. 28 with Miss Meghan at 10:30 am.