Youth Services – Teens
Events for Teens:
Summer Learning Program
This year’s Summer Learning Program begins on June 22 with the theme “Imagine Your Story.” Patrons will be able to participate in the program virtually using Beanstack. Check out our list of virtual events for teens below the banner. More details on the general program and how to sign up can be found on our Summer Learning page.
Want to see our new Beanstack software and this year’s summer program for teens? Here’s a video preview which shows how the site works, a sneak peak of some of the activity badges, and the teen summer prizes!
- Game Knights Virtual Meet-Ups for tabletop and role play gaming – Wednesdays at 7 pm, June 24, July 15, July 29, August 5*
- Hamilton release party with trivia, music, and Hamilton-inspired costume contest – Thursday, July 2 at 7 pm*
- Hunt the Grounds, a clue-based outdoor scavenger hunt on the library grounds – Thursday, July 9 – Find your first clue posted in the back door of the lower level entrance and follow the trail to the end!
- Virtual Visit with Jon McGoran, author of Spliced, Splintered, and the new release, Spiked – Thursday, July 16 at 7 pm*
- REDRUM in the Library, an online escape room – live on Thursday, July 23
- Teen QuaranZine Kit and Closing Party – Thursday, August 6 at 7 pm*
All events listed will be virtual. Events marked with an asterisk (*) are live, interactive events that require registration. Dates and times are subject to change.
The Summer Learning Program is sponsored by the Friends of Huntingdon Valley Library, Lee’s Hoagie House of Southampton, The Men & Boys Store, and Sushiman.
Resources for Tough Topics
Please visit our new resource page for information and support in educating yourself about difficult topics such as racism, sexual orientation, gender identity, mental health, and domestic violence.
DIY Teens returns via YouTube
Self Care BINGO for Teens
Teens and young adults, remember to take care of yourselves during this difficult time.Use this Self Care BINGO sheet to make sure you are paying attention to your needs. Feel free to print one out and use it to keep track of a healthy, well-rounded week.
Online Resources for Teens
Still need a Huntingdon Valley library card so you can access the following e-resources? You can apply online.
The easiest way to access eBooks from the Montgomery County Library District Digital Collection!
Hoopla is great for audiobooks, comics and graphic novels, Ebooks, music, movies, and shows. During this time borrows have been increased to 5 per month, so enjoy!
- eReading – Check this page out for additional e-resources available to you.
- Research – Need help with a topic for school? Visit our Research page to access research and learning tools such as Learning Express Library, Power Library, Ask Here PA, and Mango Languages.
- POWER Teens – Power Library now has an online resource page just for you!