Youth Services – Children
Events for Children and Families:
Youth Services News
Summer Learning Program
This year’s Summer Learning Program will begin on June 22 with the theme “Imagine Your Story.” Patrons will be able to participate in the program virtually using Beanstack. Numerous virtual events are also in the works. More details will be released on our website soon!
- View our webpost on Resources for Families During Library Closure for e-Resources for kids and links to helpful articles and activities.
- Teen news and events are available on the Youth Services – Teens page
- Photos from past Summer Learning Programs and other events are available on our Facebook Page, Flickr Page and Photo Page.
NOTE: All in-person Storytimes are currently on hold until the library has reopened and we are allowed to host gatherings. Thank you for your understanding.
Stories, songs and a craft for all ages with Miss Beth
- Monday, May 18 at 10:30 am
- Special Bedtime Storytime – Wednesday, May May 27 at 6:30 pm (no craft)
1,000 Books Before Kindergarten
The 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten Program is a national initiative to promote early literacy skills for children from birth to age five.
Research indicates that the more children hear books read to them, the better prepared they are to learn to read in Kindergarten. When you participate, your child will be able to track their reading progress and receive prizes and encouragement.
Read our recent post about participating in this Challenge from home.
eResources for Kids
With your library card, explore these online research resources for kids and young teens.
Scholastic BookFlix is an online literacy resource for grades pre-K-3 that pairs classic video storybooks with related nonfiction eBooks to help build a love of reading and learning. With TrueFlix, learn about people, places, nature, history, and science from videos and eBooks. Weston Woods and Scholastic.
TumbleBookLibrary is a curated database of children’s e-books, available by subscription to Elementary Schools and Public Libraries around the world.