Youth Services – Teens
Fall Programming for Teens
Highlights of the upcoming fall programs for teens include a CPR certification class, 2-session Comic Writing Workshop, Balloon Pop robot challenge, and a jewelry-making class. Read more about them here or visit the online calendar for more information and to register.
Ongoing Programs for Teens at HVL
Young Adult Book Club
A book club for students in grades 7-12. Fridays at 3:30 pm.
All book club meetings include discussion, a book-related activity, and snacks.
- October 4 – I Am Still Alive by Kate Alice Marshall
- November 1 – Darius The Great is Not Okay by Adib Khorram
- December 6 – Rayne & Delilah’s Midnite Matinee by Jeff Zentner
A new S.T.E.A.M. club focusing on creativity and problem solving for students in grades 6-12. Fridays at 3:30 pm.
- October 11 – Book Page Art
- November 8 – Tiny House Model Challenge
Game Knights Meet-Ups
These informal gatherings of youth in grades 6-12 will take place in our teen lounge area. Thursdays at 7:00 pm. During these meet-ups, tabletop games will be available at the Circulation Desk for teen use (including Magic: The Gathering practice decks). Drop in to find new games, new decks, new strategies, and new friends.
- October 17
- November 21
- December 5 & 19
Teen Advisory Board
Open to Teens in grades 9-12.
Brainstorm ideas and help prepare for upcoming Teen events, create displays and help staff with ongoing library improvement projects. All time spent on TAB business counts as volunteer hours.
Fridays from 3-4 pm
- September 27
- October 18
- November 15
To join or for more information, Contact Beth, Youth Services Associate, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-947-5138.
Access our e-library resources with your Huntingdon Valley Library card number and password. Apply for a card in person at the Library or online.
- eReading – Check this page out for links to stream or download books, audiobooks, magazines, test books, graphic novels, and even some music & movies!
- Research – Need help with a topic for school? Visit our Research page to access research and learning tools such as Learning Express Library, Power Library, Ask Here PA, and Mango Languages.
- POWER Teens – Power Library now has an online resource page just for you!