Youth Services – Teens
Highlights of the upcoming winter/spring programs for teens include a Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Tournament, a self-care workshop series, a Tech Challenge open house, and a new CSI Club created in conjunction with the Lower Moreland Police Department. Visit the online calendar for more information and to register for these events.
Ongoing Programs for Teens at HVL
Young Adult Book Club
All book club meetings include discussion, a book-related activity, and snacks.
- January 10 – Best of 2019 Book Chat
- February 7 – Mystery/Suspense
- March 6 – Fantasy
- April 24 – Humor
A new S.T.E.A.M. club focusing on creativity and problem solving for students in grades 6-12. Fridays at 3:30 pm.
- January 17 – Candle Making
- February 21 – Terrariums
- May 1 – Book Lamps
Open to Teens in grades 9-12.
Brainstorm ideas and help prepare for upcoming Teen events, create displays and help staff with ongoing library improvement projects. All time spent on TAB business counts as volunteer hours.
Fridays from 3-4 pm
- January 24
- February 28
- March 20
- April 17
To join or for more information, Contact Beth, Youth Services Associate, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-947-5138.
Access our e-library resources with your Huntingdon Valley Library card number and password. Apply for a card in person at the Library or online.
- eReading – Check this page out for links to stream or download books, audiobooks, magazines, test books, graphic novels, and even some music & movies!
- Research – Need help with a topic for school? Visit our Research page to access research and learning tools such as Learning Express Library, Power Library, Ask Here PA, and Mango Languages.
- POWER Teens – Power Library now has an online resource page just for you!