Crafternoon – Castle Pencil Holder
Imagine Your Story – Summer Learning Program
Join us for a fun craft project below. We will be making a castle pencil holder.
Craft is recommended for ages 4-9, but any age is welcome to participate! (Younger kids will likely need help/supervision from an adult.)
You will need the following supplies:
- 2 empty toilet paper rolls
- 1 empty paper towel roll (can use 2 more toilet paper rolls taped together if no paper towel roll available)
- Paint (if you do not have paint, you could use something else, like markers, crayons, or colored pencils, but paint will look best)
- Paintbrush (medium size is best)
- Glue (liquid glue will work better than a glue stick)
- Colored paper (1 sheet)
- White paper (1 sheet)
- Cardboard (should be at least 18 cm x 14 cm, but it can be bigger)
- Small stick (like a toothpick, cocktail stick, or tiny twig)
- Coloring tools (markers, colored pencils, crayons, or colored pens would all work)
- Paper clip (optional, but this can help to hold one of the pieces together while glue dries)
- Newspaper (optional, but helpful to put painted items on)
- Small cup of water (optional, but good to have if you need to rinse your paintbrush)
- Paper towel or rag (good for wiping messy hands & paintbrushes on!)
- Paper plate or other item to use as a paint palette
Video will remain available online.
The Summer Learning Program is sponsored by the Friends of Huntingdon Valley Library, Lee’s Hoagie House of Southampton, The Men & Boys Store, and Sushiman.