Crafternoon – DIY Motion Sand
Imagine Your Story – Summer Learning Program
This craft is recommended for ages 3-10, or any age that enjoys a fun sensory craft that is also a bit of a science experiment! (Younger kids may need help from someone a little older.)
You will need the following supplies:
- Fine sand (should be able to find online or at a craft store, color is up to you!), will need 1 cup per batch
- Corn starch, ~1 tbsp per batch
- Liquid dish soap, ~1 tbsp per batch
- Water – Start small, with only a teaspoon for a 1 cup batch (ignore the 1 tablespoon mentioned in the video!), and add more SLOWLY, if needed
- Mixing bowl
- Whisk or a spoon
- Cup measure
- Tablespoon measure
- Something to play on & contain the mess (optional – could use newspaper, a tray, a large bowl, etc. may not need this if you choose to make it outside)
This video will remain available online.
The Summer Learning Program is sponsored by the Friends of Huntingdon Valley Library, Lee’s Hoagie House of Southampton, The Men & Boys Store, and Sushiman.