Winter/Spring Children’s Programs
It’s getting colder and we have some fun events to help you ward off the winter blues! Our winter/spring children’s/family events include the annual Spring Egg Hunt, a couple of historical impersonators, an Impossible Day Leap Year Party, a puppet show, family painting, some special Saturday Storytimes, and multiple coding events.
Huge thanks to our sponsors, Lower Moreland Township*, the Friends of Huntingdon Valley Library**, and the Estate of Irene M. Reiter*** for making many of our programs possible.
Fun for the Whole Family
- Benjamin Franklin** – Thursday, January 23 from 7-8 pm
Actor and historian Mitchell Kramer portrays founding father Benjamin Franklin in this multi-generational program for school age and older.
- Harriet Tubman*** – Thursday, February 27 at 7 pm
Actress Millicent Sparks portrays famous Underground Railroad conductor Harriet Tubman in this multi-generational program for school age and older.
- Impossible Day Leap Year Party – Saturday, February 29 from 2-3 pm
Celebrate the day that happens only once every four years with cake (for the Leap Day babies), games, crafts, “impossible” science activities, and magic taught by Smoke & Mirrors Magic Theater owner Danny Archer!
- Family Painting with Kathleen** – Saturday, March 14 at 2 pm
Event is already full.
- Spring Egg Hunt* – Saturday, April 11 beginning at 10:30 am
Annual egg hunt sponsored by Lower Moreland Township. Start times will be staggered for the various age groups.
- Tuckers’ Tales Puppet Theatre presents Sock Monkey Mysteries** – Saturday, May 30 from 11-11:30 am
Enjoy three short adventures in this puppet show starring Sock Monkey. Recommended for ages 3+ with a caregiver.
Events for school-age kids
Coding Events for grades 3-5
All events from 4:30-5:30 pm. Space is limited. Registration required.
- Tuesday, February 4 – Fun with Dash & Dot Robots
- Thursday, March 26 – Minecraft Hour of Code
- Wednesday, April 29 – Balloon ‘Bot Battle
Wednesday, March 18 at 4:30 pm – Postponed to Wednesday, May 6 at 4:30 pm
Hear a story and use STEM activities to help the characters solve a problem.
Open to students in grades K-2. Space is limited. Registration is required.
- February 12 – Escape from Aleppo by N. H. Senzai
- March 4 – Pashmina by Nidhi Chanani
- April 1 – The Strangers by Margaret Peterson Haddix
Library LEGO® Club
For ages 5 and up
Wednesdays at 4:30 pm
- January 29
- February 19
March 25– cancelled
- April 22
Events for the Youngest Library Patrons & Caregivers
- February 1
- March 7
- April 4
- May 2
Free play with constructive toys (recommended for ages 3+)
Fridays at 10:30 am
- January 24 – Block Party
- February 21 – Magna Tiles
March 20 – Tumble Tree Timbers– cancelled
- April 17 – LEGO® Duplo
- Saturday Storytimes
Select Saturdays at 11 am
January 18 – Winnie the Pooh Day Storytime
February 22 – Special Storytime with a Lower Moreland Police Officer
March 28 – Special Storytime with Dogs
April 25 – Superhero Storytime
- Preschool Storytime
Mondays at 10:30 am
Winter session: January 27-March 2 (no Storytime February 17, due to Presidents’ Day)
March 23-April 27postponed two weeks – April 6-May 11
- Toddler Storytime
Tuesdays at 10:30 am
Winter session: January 28-March 3
Spring session: March 24-April 28postponed two weeks – April 7-May 12
- Bounce & Rhyme Babytime
Lapsit storytime for babies up to 18 months
Once a month on Thursdays at 10:30 am
February 6, March 12, April 23
We hope to see you at the Library soon!