October Calendar of Events
The leaves are falling and the days are shorter, but the Library is still a busy and bustling place! We have events and programs for all ages planned and invite you and your family to attend.
The Library is proud to support and participate in the annual Huntingdon Valley Fire Company‘s Fire Prevention Open House on Saturday, October 13 from 11 am to 2 pm. Stop by for games, food, firetrucks, and more. New this year, the Lower Moreland Marketplace will highlight local merchants and members of the Lower Moreland Business Association. Pick up coupons and buy raffle tickets for an amazing Local Goods basket – proceeds will go to the Fire Company. Visit the Library’s booth next to our Township friends and decorate a bookmark. We invite you back at 7 pm for an outdoor movie!
With full sponsorship from the Township, the Library will show the Disney Pixar movie Coco on a HUGE outdoor screen on the Library’s back lawn (weather permitting) at 7 pm on October 13. There will be popcorn and other refreshments – bring your blanket and join the fun! In case of rain, we will be in the Red Lion Gym, adjacent to the Library. Learn more here…
Are you a history buff? We have Richard Hartman coming on Thursday, October 4 at 7 pm to speak on 1812: The First Civil War. Learn more here…
The ever-popular Super Sitter Babysitting Course begins on October 3 at 6:30 pm. Red Cross instructor Pat Antonacci teaches this 4-week babysitting course which offers hands-on training in infant and toddler care, as well as safety tips and procedures. The cost is $25 and the class is open to youth ages 11 to 18. Learn more and register...
- Chair Yoga, drop-in on Tuesday mornings at 10:30 am with Theresa Landolfi. Only $7, bring a mat to put under your chair.
- Genealogy Program, Tuesdays at 7 pm October 2, 16, and 30 with Allen Male from the Old York Road Genealogical Society. Free and open to all.
- Adult Book Club with Meg on Monday, October 8 at 6:30 pm. They’ll be discussing Mrs. Kennedy and Me by Clint Hill.
- Socrates Cafe comes back with Bob Rubin on Wed., October 17 at 10:30 am in the Friends Learning Lab.
- Medicare for 2019 with APPRISE volunteers will be here on Tuesday, October 23 at 7:00 pm.
Just for Kids and Teens:
- Halloween Crafts on October 4 from 3 to 6 pm, drop-in. Make some spooky fun decorations for the season!
- Middleschool STEAMers will have Fun with Gravity on October 10 at noon.
- Middleschool Book Club will meet Friday, October 12 to discuss The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin.
- Storytimes include:
- Mondays for Preschoolers at 10:30 am
- Tuesdays for Toddlers at 10:30 am
- Saturday Family Storytime on Saturday, October 20 at 11 am
- Bounce and Rhyme Babytime on Thursday, October 25 at 10:30 am
Friday Movies @ 11 am:
- Oct. 5 Bye Bye Germany
- Oct. 12 Damsel
- Oct 18 The Commuter
- Oct. 28 RBG (Documentary)