2018 August Appeal
Help us keep the Summer Reading Spirit going all year long by supporting the Huntingdon Valley Library with a donation to our August Summer Appeal. We will be handing out forms at the Front Desk during August or you are welcome to make an online donation.
Summer Reading is Summer Learning.
Reading programs during the summer keep children, teens, families, and individuals engaged with books, language, stories, and the community.
- Volunteers of all ages and abilities share their talents with us
- Children develop social skills through play at block parties, the train table, or the play kitchen
- Teens tutor their peers
- Children learn to code with robots
- Local experts present lectures on art, history, local parks, and more
- Seniors enjoy large print books, free movies, and benefit from yoga and tai chi classes
- Adults engage in lively discussions at the Socrates Café
- Local groups meet to share their passions for photography, begonias, chess, computers, and investing to name just a few
The Library is a 501(c)(3) organization, so your donation to our August Appeal is tax-deductible. Have you asked your employer if they will match your contribution? You could double your gift! Consider joining the many who have made a commitment to the Library with a planned gift in their estate planning.
Thank you so very much for your gift.
Sharon and the amazing crew at the Huntingdon Valley Library