June Calendar of Events
Summer is just around the corner and we have some great programs scheduled for June, including our Summer Reading Program kick-off on June 25. Here is a run-down of the June Calendar:
- Spring/Summer Extravaganza at Valley Center Park and StoryWalk(r) sponsored by the Lower Moreland Township. Saturday, June 2 (with Sunday, June 3 rain date – stay tuned for details) from 1 to 4 pm.
Friday Movies at 11 am
- June 1 – The Post
- June 8 – Outside In
- June 15 – Molly’s Game
- June 22 – The Big Sick
- June 29 – All the Money in the World
- June 1 – Teen Advisory Board meeting at 3 pm
- June 28 – Alex London Author Visit to kick-off Teen Summer Reading! 6:30 pm, please register.
- Adult Book Club – Monday, June 11 at 6:30 pm with Meg. Join a discussion of Elie Weisel’s Night. Learn more.
- Socrates Cafe – Wednesday, June 20 at 10:30 am with Robert Rubin as facilitator.
- Essential Oil Uses for Summer – Thursday, June 21 at 7 pm. Learn more and RSVP. Free and Open to All.
- Mondays – Sit ‘N Knit at 3:30
- Monday Night Yoga – All levels welcome! June 4, 11, and 18 with Theresa.
Drop in for only $7 in the relaxing Community Room.
- Library Yoga – Wednesdays at 10:30 am with Theresa, Drop in for only $7.
- Library Tai Chi – Thursdays at 11 am with Michael, Drop in for only $7.
- Saturday, June 2 – Rhythm Babies at 10:15 am in the Friends Learning lab. Registration required.
- Wednesday, June 6 at 4 pm – Special program “Bacteria! Bacteria! Bacteria!” For ages 5 and up in the Friends Learning lab. Learn the difference between eukaryotic and prokaryotic bacteria cells! Learn the difference between washing your hands with soap and water and using hand sanitizer. Learn whether it is safer to use public restroom hand dryers or to drip dry.
- Saturday, June 23 at 11 am – Saturday Storytime with Miss Meg. Fun for the whole family!
- Coding is Elementary. Sunday, June 24 at 2 pm for students entering grades 3 to 5. Registration is required for this fun, robot-centric program.
Summer Reading Week – Sponsored by Friends of Huntingdon Valley Library
- Summer Reading Flyer and Calendar of Events (.pdf)
- Preschool Storytime – Monday, June 25 at 10:30 am with Miss Terri.
- Zumba Drop In with Jodi Blum – Monday, June 25 at 6:30 pm in the Community Room for teens and adults. Zumba is a fun total workout, combining all elements of fitness: Cardio, Muscle Conditioning, Balance, and Flexibility.
- Toddler Storytime – Tuesday, June 26 at 10:30 am with Miss Vanessa.
- Libraries Rock concert with Daria! Wednesday, June 27 at 7 pm Summer Reading Kick-off Event for the whole family! Let’s Travel Around the World in song with Daria in the Community Room.
- Rock Painting – Thursday, June 28, drop-in between 11 am and 2 pm. Great for ages 2 and up in the Friends Learning Lab. What will you make? Let your creativity go!
- June 28 – Alex London Author Visit to kick-off Teen Summer Reading! 6:30 pm, please register. Meet young adult novelist Alex London, visiting as part of Montgomery County’s “One Summer One Author” Teen Author Tour. Proxy author Alex London previously visited Huntingdon Valley Library a little over a year ago as part of Teen Reading Lounge. He has a very engaging personality and is an incredible speaker. He will share with the group about his process for writing his novels. Open to students entering grades 6-12. The first 28 students to register will get a free copy of one of Alex London’s books (Proxy, The Wild Ones, or Dog Tags: Semper Fido) at the event!
- Family Friday Popcorn Movie – Friday, June 29 at 2:30 pm in the Community Room. Featuring: Ferdinand.
- Thursday, June 7 – Friends meeting and pot luck lunch
- Beach Books Sale – Tuesday, June 12 through Thursday, June 14 during Library Hours. $3 for a bag of books. More information about these new Summer Used Book Sales.
- Friends Book Club – Thursday, June 21 at 12:30 pm (postponed from May).