April Calendar of Events
Help us Celebrate National Library
in April with movies, crafts, scavenger hunts, guest speakers, poetry and more.
Visit our Online Calendar to register and read more about these exciting events.
Print Out the Calendar for easy reference.
April Movies, every Friday at 2 pm in the Community Room:
- Sicario – April 1 | The Danish Girl – April 8 | Creed – April 15 | The Giver – April 22 | Spectre – April 29
- Thur., April 7 at 6:30 pm – Teen Craft Night
- Sat., April 9 at 1 pm – Middle School Book Club for 6th-8th grade
- Mondays – Preschool storytime | Tuesdays – Toddler Storytime
- Thur., April 7 at 4:15 pm – Library Lego Club
- National Library Week Scavenger Hunt – Drop by the Children’s Department anytime from April 11-16 a fun scavenger hunt around the library. Each child that completes the hunt will get a special prize!
- Book Clubs! Book Worm Book Club on Wed., April 13 at 6 pm and Craft a Connection Book Club on Wed., April 27 at 7 pm. Registration required.
- Block Party! Friday, April 15 at 10:30 am for ages 3-5. Registration required.
- Earth Day Art Show – April 18-23, with submissions due April 16!
Create a piece of Recycled Art in honor of Earth Day for the 1st Annual Earth Day Art Show! Entries will be on display in the library during Earth Week.
There are three categories: Toddler & Preschool | K, 1st & 2nd | 3rd-5th grade
Earth Day Art Show entries must be made out of all recycled materials.
When you drop off your art work, please fill out an entry form.
Library patrons will vote on their favorite pieces of artwork during the week of April 18-April 23. We are asking for a voluntary donation of $1 per vote. All proceeds will support children’s programming at the library.
- Rhythm Babies Music Class – Sat., April 16 at 10:15 am. Registration required – class fills up fast!
- Wed., April 20 at 6 pm – Earth Day Green Fair
- Mother Goose Day Fair – Sat., April 30 at 10:30 am.
May 1st is National Mother Goose Day! So we are celebrating one day early! Miss Glynnis and Miss Jessica will host a Mother Goose Day Fair for children of all ages upstairs in the community room. The Fair will have Mother Goose activity stations with simple directions for each child and parent to participate with together. The Fair will be open from 10:30 am to 12:30 pm and set up for you to drop in at any time.
- Social Security Workshop (Rescheduled) – Monday, April 4 OR Tuesday, April 5 at 6:30 pm. Attend either session. The workshop will cover the new rules and basics of Social Security along with the advanced filing strategies that could increase your lifetime benefits. Sign up will be managed by Social Security 567 – (844) 567-7760 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP.
- Ode to Ode Poetry workshops with Lynn Levin – Mondays, April 11, 18 and 25 at 7 pm in the Friends Learning Lab. Learn more and register today!
- Coloring Book Club open to ages 14+ Tuesdays, April 12 and 26 at 6:30 pm with Pam
- Library Yoga with Theresa, drop in, only $7 for an hour of relaxing hatha yoga. Wednesdays in April at 10:30 am in the Community Room (2nd floor)
- Valerie Plame Author Brunch and Fundraiser – Sunday, April 10 at Philmont Country Club. $60, includes full brunch, omelet station, cash bar, and valet parking – all in support of the Library! Tickets Now On Sale Now!
- Wed., April 13 at 2 pm – Birds of Pennypack Watershed with the Audubon Society
- Friends Learning Lab Dedication and Ribbon Cutting – Thur., April 14 at 6 pm.
- Friends Floral Arranging at Kremp Florist on April 20, 2016. Registration will open on March 10. Get the early bird special of $25 if you register before April 5 ($30 after).
- Thur., April 21 at 12:30 pm – Friends Book Club with The Wright Brothers by David McCullough. Open to all
Friday, April 29 at 6:30 pm –3rd Annual Poetry and Music Cabaret in Anna’s Corner. Sign up today if you would like to read a poem or play some music. Hosted by Lynn Levin.
- Shred with Confidence – Sponsored by Lower Moreland Township – Saturday, April 30 from 10 am to 2 pm. Paper only. Library auxiliary lot.