A Tour of the New Web Site
As you can see, we’ve launched a new Web site. The intent is to have lots of color, new content, and all the resources you need just a click away.
- New Calendar! Our “EventKeeper” calendar has been enhanced to look and feel more like the Web site. It provides easy online registration and great information about upcoming programs. The calendar shows ALL events happening in the building, both Library events and groups using the meeting rooms. Events listed on the Home Page are just ours.
- Slide Show! This new site is a blog, so we can decide which new posts (stories) are featured on the Home page. Events, services and resources we REALLY want to promote will be shown here.
- Meeting Room Policies and Application – As of January 2016, the Library is responsible for both the 1st floor “Friends Learning Lab” and the 2nd floor Community Room. We hope to have an online application soon, but for now please contact Pam (pdull [at] mclinc [dot] org) to see about a room reservation.
Still to come:
- Enhanced Kids and Teen page
- Local History page, starting with some great historic postcards from Mrs. Fesmire Doan.
- An App Store for our online resources – from OverDrie to Mango Languages – available with your Huntingdon Valley Library Card
- Google optimization – we’re still working on getting Google to let go of the past and point you to our fancy new site.
Feedback is WELCOME! Please share your thoughts, ideas, and impressions with me at hvldirector [at] mclinc [dot] org.
Sharon (your friendly, neighborhood library director)